Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Coming Back

What up world,

It has been several months. I'm sorry. Especially to Brent, who is the only person that reads this. Brent, I will try and be better.

I told myself that my life as a blogger was over, at least until the Twins season started back up. I was resigned to the fact that I was succumbing to the things I like least about bloggers out there. People that start strong and then go weeks without a post, only to return with an "I'm sorry Brent" statement. Ridiculous. If you are going to blog, blog. Don't tease me with a story about how you are going to fall in love with the Timberwolves and write about them all the time and then don't post anything until four months later.

I was becoming this monster. Criticizing other blogs, but not looking inwardly at my own. That was the case, until a couple of weeks ago. All of a sudden, the Wolves started playing well. Fire a McHale GM and then hire a McHale coach seemed to be the recipe for success. We were beating bad teams and staying competitive with good teams. I even started evaluating whether they had a chance at the playoffs, and developing a large amount of man love for Kevin Love.

So thoughts of blogging started to creep back into my mind grapes. Every day, I told myself to start blogging again. I would sit and think of stories that I could tell. How Randy Whitman was now drinking himself to sleep in an alleyway outside the Target Center. How Kevin Love was the offspring of the Pillsbury doughboy and Wonder Woman. How I have some preliminary plans to create a bronze statue of Al Jefferson for my future front lawn. I was starting to believe again...

Then Big Al fell and heard a pop. Just when things were coming together. Even if the Wolves didn't make the playoffs, they were fun to follow. I enjoyed checking the Strib to see what was going on. A few highlights even started to appear on ESPN. People were starting to take notice. Damn it.

I need to remember that this will probably be better for everyone in the end. Love will get more experience. Foye will have a chance to emmerge further into the spotlight. Maybe Miller stops bricklaying everywhere. We'll probably end up with a higher pick, which McHale won't be able to use, and we can head into next year with Brewer, Jefferson, and a collection of young talent back together again. There is a silver lining.

Also, the Twins report next week, so hope is definitely around the corner. That is all for now.

-Sota

No comments: