Thursday, February 12, 2009

Choosing the Wrong Career Path

What up world,

I was creeping around the Timberwolves ESPN page for a bit today. Since I've moved away from Minnesota, and throughout the ineptitude of the last couple of seasons, I've lost track of some of the players that we have on the roster. At the beginning of the season, I would see blurbs about Kevin Ollie and Calvin Booth and say, "Who the F is that."

Throughout the season, I've come to at least recognize many of the names that are proudly wearing the green and blue of the Wolves. What I didn't realize is that many of these no name players are making more money in the 2008-2009 season that I will ever earn in my lifetime. I know that salaries are ridiculously large in all sports, but I thought that they were proportionate to the contribution that the athlete makes. KG, pay that man! Lebron, Kobe, Dwade, open up the bank!

Brain Cardinal? Give him a couple of hot dogs, and some team merchandise. Allow him to sit courtside each night, and he should be happy. Wait, what? What did you say? Brian Cardinal is earning $6.3 million this year? WTF?!? This guy?



He is the third highest player on the Timberwolves. Just behind Mike Miller and Al Jefferson. He averages about 10 minutes per game, and just about as many personal fouls (1.4) as points (1.7). Why in the hell did I choose to go into accounting, when I could be making this kind of scrilla emulating Big Bird (new name for Brian Cardinal. Creative? Yes!!!)



I think my new career path is going to be in the NBA. I may be 27, but I think I could still grow a few inches and develop a sweet low post game. Watch out world. I'm coming, and you are all witnesses.

-Sota

No comments: