Friday, February 20, 2009

We Hardly Knew Thee

What up world,

Rashad McCants is no longer a member of the Timberwolves. I know, it's sad. No longer will we be able to watch him throw up errant shots, no longer will we be connected to the Kardashian family, no longer will we hear the sweet, touching words of his poetry...

(this is actual poetry from Mccants. It's about meeting KG)

he came to me with open arms, like a hawk embracing his young,
and he fed me food out his mouth but I was starving for knowledge.
the type of knowledge that can't be fed by hand or voice, but by heart.
so when he spoke he touched my soul, and my soul would smack me if I didn't listen
the words he spoke weren't for the ears to hear.


On Thursday, Shaddy and Calvin Booth were traded to Sacramento for Shelden Williams and Bobby Brown. I was more upset to see Booth go than McCants. There was so much potential for humor when dealing with Booth. See pic below:



That's amazing. I'm laughing as I look at this picture. I had an entire WGTKY piece already prepared for him. It's too bad. Anyway, here is a brief montage of memories with Shaddy.



Now to the happy part. Although we are losing some key humorous pieces to the team, we are acquiring so much more in return. On our roster, we now have a space monster and one of the greatest R&B singers of our generation. Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present, Shelden Williams and Bobby Brown:




Oh, it's amazing. Shelden Williams played college ball at the epicenter of evil; Duke University. He's somehow married to Candace Parker of Tenessee and WNBA fame. If fact, it was recently announced that the Landlord has impregnated Candace with the couple's first alien baby. Congratulations to the happy couple.



Seriously, how did this happen?

Bobby Brown played at Cal State Fullerton, where he was the school's all time leading scorer. He was undrafted and was signed by the Kings after a good showing in the NBA summer camps. Bobby also had several number one R&B hits throughout the 80's and early 90's. He started with the boy band New Edition and eventually moved on to a solo career. Several of his hits include Candy Girl, My Perogative, and Humping Around.



So we currently have one of the founder members of Boys II Men and Bobby Brown on our roster. We may not make the playoffs, but we are going to have sweet half time entertainment. I can't wait to see what happens.

-Sota

No comments: