Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Badd

What up world,

I don't know how this escaped my attention for so long, but I failed to realize that I have been overlooking a huge star on our team. Well known, early 90's boy band member, Kevin Love has been quietly building a nice rookie NBA season while also serenading the ladies of the Twin Cities with smooth R&B lyrics.



I had been focusing on Rodney Carney's group Boys II Men, and the addition of former New Edition member Bobby Brown, and ignoring the fact that the lead singer of Color Me Badd has been on the roster all season.


Kevin Love pictured in the middle back

Kevin has changed his look a little since Color Me Badd was releasing hits like, "I Wanna Sex You Up", "I Adore Mi Amor", and "All 4 Love", but the smoothly edged facial hair remains. Who knew that he would make such a successful transition from crooner to rebounder?


K-Love, just chillin'

So we now have three essential members of the New Jack Swing era of R&B. I sense something huge happening in the Twin Cities. They may not play that great a brand of basketball, but they can lay down some mean tracks. I haven't quite figured out the best name for the group yet. It will have to be something that involves misspelled words or numbers in place of words. Something like "Fresh 2 Death" or "4 Da Ladiezz". I'm definitely open to suggestions.

The picture below was taken at the moment McHale learned that Love, Brown, and Carney were forming their group and putting on a concert in the veranda of Mall of America. He's so excited.



-Sota

No comments: