Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Break ups are hard to do

What up world,

Tonight begins the T-Wolves' epic quest toward a 2009 lottery pick. They may provide occasional flashes of brilliance throughout the upcoming months where they steal a win away from an actual contender, but when it comes to April we will be watching the NBA playoffs sans our Wolves. Kevin McHale will continue to try and get fired with another awful draft, and we will continue to slowly weep whenever KG appears in Celtics green. It almost makes me want to completely ignore the team this year. Like they are an ex-girlfriend that has broken my heart. I'm considering burning my playoff towels, breaking my KG bobblehead, and throwing darts on the Stephon Marbury birthday card that I received in middle school.

But I can't do any of these things. I have been reading all of the player bios over the past couple weeks, while following each of the preseason games. I even watched one of them on ESPN's gamecast. I'm sick. I just can't get those adorable Wuffies out of my system.

For pretty much my entire conscience life, I've followed the team. From the original Pooh Richardson days to the glories of Garnett, I've watched and attended the games, always thinking, "Next season is going to be a different story. We will eventually be better." Little did I know what was about to occur.

It hurt me when Guggliota left. It hurt worse through the whole Marbury debacle, but nothing will compare to the divorce with Garnett. I would cry myself to sleep after watching the finals last summer. How could he leave us and immediately start dating another team? They were just his rebound right? He would come back to us eventually when he realized how much we loved him. He had to. I wanted to bomb the city of Boston when I saw this commercial.

After a season apart from Garnett, my wounds are slowly starting to heal. Each day gets a little easier, and I think that I could eventually move on from my previous KG relationship. Maybe even love again. I'm not sure that it is going to be the current team, or if there is some other draft pick out there in the future that will rekindle my love affair. Maybe I'll fall for KG-lite, or flirt with Foye, or maybe even start to love Love.

Let's just start with a good first date. Do well tonight boys.

-Sota

No comments: