Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sadness

What up world,

I was feeling extra good about the start of this week. The Twins were in first place, the White Sox were feuding and AJ got punched in the face again, and we were headed to miserable Seattle to face off against one of the worst teams in the majors. Through 6 innings, everything was going as planned. Lil' Nicky Punto ate an extra bowl of Corn Pops and went deep. Everyone in the lineup was getting on base, hitting sac flys, and being generally awesome. According to urban dictionary, percolating means:

1. To cause to filter gradually through a porous substance
2. To get the party started.
As in, "Let's hurry up and get to the club so we can get it percolating."

Glen Perkins was definitely percolating through 6 innings. I was watching on-line, eating ice cream, and looking forward to a series sweep. Maybe I was percolating a little myself.

Then terror struck. Who gives up 10 runs in an inning? 10 runs? Really? Matt Guerrrrrrrier needs a hug, and so do I. It turned from joy to sadness in one inning. I was crushed. Usually when something really sad happens to me, I try to combat the moment with humor. If I'm watching a sad movie, I will try and say something stupid to prevent myself from crying. I don't think that I've cried during a movie since Turner and Hooch using this technique. Turner and Hooch is the saddest movie on record. There is no debate.

Last night I turned to the magic of YouTube to combat the sadness that I felt. I was so sad that I turned to Dmitri Martin, who is also known as the funniest man on the internet tubes. If you too are feeling down while reading this, please turn to the magic below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were you listening to the song, "Percolator" by Cajmere when you wrote this? I bet you were rocking out to it in your colorful silk shirt and black jeans you got in the early 90's, weren't you.