Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weather Delays

What up world,

I intended to write something earlier in the week. In fact, I was hoping to reach 100 blog posts prior to the start of the Twins regular season. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to write anything due to a couple of outside factors:

1) I was dealing with an infestation of time-sucking stress-bots. These awful robots have no regard for outside events that are occurring in one's life. All they care about is making your brain hurt and ensuring that you have no time to discuss the Twins. If there was stress-bot insurance, I would definitely pay for coverage.



2) I discovered that my parents are no longer checking my blogs. This awful realization was almost too much to bear. They make up 87% of my fan base (don't worry about the math. I'm an accountant). It was difficult for me to come to grips with this truth. Like a White Sox fan that just realized the awfulness of their franchise.

3) I was tricked by Time Warner Cable. On opening day, my cable menu said that FSN would be carrying the Twins - Angels game. I scheduled my day around this event, fighting off the stress-bots and devastating news about my parents, only to find that the game wasn't being aired. There was no explanation for the illegal toying of my emotions. I finally found the game on the local sports radio station and proceeded to sit in my car for half an hour. After a few innings, I noticed several tweaks in the broadcast. Weird computer noises were coming in over the top of the announcer's commentary, and the occasional ESPN commercial would come blaring through my car's speakers in the middle of a big at-bat. The production staff was either new, drunk, or had given up on life. It got to the point that I was frustrated enough to come inside and watch periodic updates through ESPN's website.

Instead of reaching my century mark or providing excellent analysis to my remaining 13% of fans, I'm just offering excuses. I apologize. On the other hand, the Twins have been on a tear. Could it be that no blogging leads to an increase in wins? I guess we'll see. Even with a series win against the White Sox, I would still like to completely crush their dreams. Lets go for a sweep! With a loss, this whole blogging thing might just curl up and die. Like the White Sox should do for the rest of 2010. (Bam! Two burns of the White Sox in one post! Suck it!)

-Sota

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're back!