Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beam Me Up

What up world,

Here is a recap of the conversation I had with Scottie Baker after the Twins' 10 to 1 loss this afternoon:



Sota: Scottie. What is happening? Did you stay up too late playing video games and eating Doritos last night?
Scottie: Maybe...
Sota: I know waking up for day games is tough for you. That's why you should be drinking a tall glass of milk and heading to bed at a decent hour.
Scottie: I know, but...
Sota: No 'buts'. Have a talk with Cuddles (your bear, not the player) and decide what is more important to you; passing the 4th level of Halo or winning games.
Scottie: Ok, hold on... Cuddles says that I should focus on winning games.
Sota: Exactly. There's no reason to give up 6 runs in 3 innings. Especially to the Red Sox. Their average age is 56.
Scottie: I know. I'm sorry.
Sota: You don't have to apologize to me. You should be apologizing to the rest of the team.
Scottie: Ok
Sota: I can understand giving up a homer to Kevin Youkilis. He's a big guy...
Scottie: And scary.
Sota: But Nick Green? He's got 10 homers in his career.
Scottie: I know.
Sota: And Mike Lowell is approaching 70.
Scottie: He looks like my grandpa.
Sota: So promise me that you'll go to bed early before your next start.
Scottie: Alright.
Sota: If you get a win, I'll buy you a fudgsicle.
Scottie: And some Pop Rocks!
Sota: Fine.
Scottie: Yessssss!!!

It wasn't a good start to the series, and it looks like tonight's game is going to get rained out as well. In addition to Scottie's terrible start, the bullpen and lineup both looked pretty bad. A multitude of walks were given up, and our batters only managed to get 5 hits and 1 run through 7 innings.

Boston's starting pitcher was Tim Wakefield and his crazy knuckles. I did some statistical research (be impressed) and found that Wakefield has pitched in 25 career games against Minnesota. He is 13-5 in those games with a 4.31 era. There was a game last season that he gave up 6 runs in 2 and 2/3 innings, but other than that, he's been pretty lights out.

It was not pretty all around. There may still be a game tonight, so lets all hope that Saint Francisco can improve on the performance that we sat through this afternoon. We can win in Boston. I have faith.

No comments: